Bloodborne Pathogen’s annual training is designed to meet your exposure control plan’s requirements per the OSHA 1910.1030 standard. While most of our courses teach individuals how to help others in an emergency, this 1 hour course is about the safety of your employees. It can be taught in conjunction with any of our other programs to ensure your team knows how to keep themselves safe from a bloodborne exposure.
Your team accomplishes this through:
- Defining bloodborne pathogens including HIV and Hepatitis A-E
- Discussing routes of exposure and your company’s exposure control plan
- Identifying those at risk
- Engineering and workplace controls such as sharps containers and hand-washing procedures.
- Practicing safety with personal protective equipment, use of proper clean-up materials, and biohazard labeling and federal disposal requirements
- Reviewing the requirements for reporting, documentation, and medical follow-up
- Reviewing the safety and importance of the Hepatitis B vaccine program
Please contact us for details regarding Bloodborne Pathogens training at your organization.