Automated External Defibrillators or “AEDs” are becoming increasingly available in both organizations and public areas. The use of this device greatly increases survival rates. This 2 year certification covers all of the life saving techniques taught in the basic CPR as well as layering on the skills needed to operate an AED in 3 hours.
Your team accomplishes this through:
- Learning to perform basic adult CPR
- Discussing the safety skills needed to use an AED specific to your organization’s work environment
- Covering legal issues and The Good Samaritan Law as well as the importance of medical oversight
- Reviewing the functions and maintenance of an AED and how to operate one safely
- Running scenarios using the AED and CPR that are appropriate to workplace hazards and high risk health problems
- All participants practice on an AED trainer with a 2:1 ratio
Please contact us for details regarding AED training at your organization.